Oil Spill Monitoring
Detect and contain oil leaks and spills using InterOcean's Slick Sleuth line of oil spill monitors. Mitigate risk, reduces costs associated with potential spills, and protect the environment
Slick Sleuth is an automated, optical, non-contact, oil-on-water sensor system used to remotely alert users to the presence of oil as an early warning device. Our spill monitoring systems are designed and fabricated for deployment in rugged industrial and marine environments for detection of sheen or slicks on water wet/dry surfaces. In addition to real-time alerts, the detector’s outputs are commonly used to actuate valves, pumps and skimmers, enabling automated containment in remote locations for 24/7/365 protection.
Range of models suited to specific applications and requirements
- SS100 & SS100 EXd used in tank farms and industrial sites
- SS300 & SS300 EXd used in refineries and power plants
- SS320 & SS320 EXd used at marine terminals
- Pollution monitoring buoy
- Used at desalination plants, fish farms, and environmentally sensitive habitats
- Integrated system includes buoy, oil pollution sensor, autonomous power, and wireless communications
- Additional instrumentation and sensors can be added to platform
- Smart Boom technology
- Integral connectors link buoy to standard containment booms
- Real-time alerts and reports for oil detection in addition to geo-fencing and orientation
- Uses include remote offshore or coastal boom deployment, terminal and piers, offshore loading, and fuel storage and production facilities
For more information about how InterOcean Systems can assist with your oil spill monitoring needs, please submit our Slick Sleuth Information form.